Get the SCOOP on dog food: Eukanuba Naturals
The next food we will be looking at is Eukanuba Naturals: Lamb and Rice Formula from Proctor and Gamble. This formula comes in Adult, Large Breed and Senior so you can get a specialized food just for your pets age and size.
Now the Eukanuba line does contain grain and corn, so if your dog has an issue with either of these ingredients this won’t be the food for you.
How much should my dog eat?
Please Note: these guidelines are for dogs up to 50lbs. The Eukanuba company suggests buying their large breed formula for dogs exceeding 50lbs.
- Adult dogs up to 3 lbs.: 1/3 cup
- Adult dogs 4-5 lbs.: 1/2 cup
- Adult dogs 6-10 lbs.: 3/4 cups
- Adult dogs 11-15 lbs.: 1 cups
- Adult dogs 16-20 lbs.: 1-1/4 cups
- Adult dogs 21-25 lbs.: 1-1/2 cups
- Adult dogs 26-30 lbs.: 1-2/3 cups
- Adult dogs 31-40 lbs.: 2 cups
- Adult dogs 41- 50 lbs.: 2-1/3 cups
Note: These feeding directions are guidelines only. If your dog is still a developing adult (many large breeds are considered developing until age 2-3) or above average in activity level you will need to adjust.
What’s in it?
Lamb, Brewers Rice, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Fructooligosaccharides, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), DL-Methionine, Dried Chicken Cartilage (Natural source of Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine), Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Vitamin E Supplement, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
How much does it cost?
What’s the bottom-line?
Eukanuba naturals is a good lamb and rice line for those dogs with a chicken or beef issue, but it does contain corn and grain.
Feeding guidelines: Eukanuba.
Photo Courtesy: zachd1_618.
Read more posts like this one...
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Nutro Natural Choice
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Dad’s Trail Mix
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Iams
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Hill’s Science Diet
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Purina Dog Chow