Get the SCOOP on dog food: Nutro Natural Choice
The next food we will be looking at is Nutro, Natural Choice: Turkey and Potato formula.
This a great line for dogs who may have some allergy/skin issues to chicken, corn, etc; because it comes in many different formulas:
Grain Free Adult:
- Lamb Meal & Potato (also comes in Large Breed)
- Turkey Meal & Potato
- Venison Meal & Potato
Small & Toy Breed:
- Adult (Chicken and Brown Rice)
- Puppy (Chicken and Brown Rice)
- Senior (Chicken and Brown Rice)
- Weight Control (Chicken and Brown Rice, Small Breed Only)
- Puppy (Lamb & Rice)
- Chicken & Rice
- Lamb & Rice
- Weight Management (Chicken & Rice)
- Senior (Chicken & Rice)
- Chicken & Rice
- Lamb & Rice
- Chicken, Rice & Oatmeal
Adult (Chicken & Rice):
Limited Ingredients For Dogs With Sensitive Systems:
- Venison & Brown Rice
- Herring, Brown Rice & Potato
As you can see, this line of food has many options. While their formulas are not soy free, for dogs with a sensitivity to rice, chicken, gluten, grain, corn or lamb this is a good line to look at. This is however considered more of a specialty food and you’ll only find this in Pet Specialty stores.
How much should my dog eat?
- Adult dogs (Moderate Activity) 5 – 15 lb. 2/3 – 1 1/2 cups
- Adult dogs (Moderate Activity) 15 – 25 lb. 1 1/2 – 2 1/4 cups
- Adult dogs (Moderate Activity) 25 – 35 lb. 2 1/4 – 2 3/4 cups
- Adult dogs (Moderate Activity) 35 – 55 lb. 2 3/4 – 4 cups
- Adult dogs (Moderate Activity) 55 – 75+ lb. 4 – 5+ cups
Note: These feeding directions are guidelines only. If your dog is still a developing adult (many large breeds are considered developing until age 2-3) or above/below in activity level you will need to adjust.
What’s in it?
Turkey Meal,Dried Potatoes, Potato Starch, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Dried Plain Beet Pulp,Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Natural Flavors, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Powdered Cellulose, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Potassium Iodide, Copper Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Selenium, Vitamin A Supplement,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.
How much does it cost?
What’s the bottom-line?
The ingredients in Natural Choice are great, the food is a 21% Crude Protein, 13% Fat, 3% Fiber and is Grain Free. The cost is going to be slightly higher for this brand compared to Pedigree, but your dog will also eat less.
Feeding guidelines and Nutritional Information: Nutro Company.
Photo Courtesy: wwworks.
Read more posts like this one...
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Pro Plan by Purina
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Authority brand dog food
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Hill’s Science Diet
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Iams
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Dad’s Trail Mix