Get the SCOOP on dog food: Nutro Ultra
The next holistic food we will be looking at is Nutro Ultra, a holistic superfood brought to you from the Nutro Company. As you’ll recall from the last part of the series Nutro made our list of speciality foods with their Natural Choice line. The Ultra line is different because it does include some grain ingredients, it aso is higher in protein and draws it’s protein from different meat sources (chicken, lamb and salmon) where the Natural Choice food only includes one meat source.
Nutro Ultra comes in Puppy, Adult, Senior, Weight Management Large Breed and Small Breed formulas.
How much should my dog eat?
- Adult dogs up to 5 lb. 1/2 – 3/5 cups
- Adult dogs 6 – 10 lb. 7/8 – 1 cups
- Adult dogs 11 – 20 lb. 1 1/2– 1 3/4 cups
- Adult dogs 21 – 40 lb. 2 1/2 – 3 cups
- Adult dogs 41 – 60 lb. 3 1/3 – 4 cups
- Adult dogs 61 – 80 lb. 4 1/4 – 4 3/4 cups
- Adult dogs 80- 100 lb. 5 – 5 3/4 cups
- Adult dogs 100+ lb. 5 3/4 cups PLUS 1/2 cup over 20 lbs. over 100 lbs. in body weight
Note: These feeding directions are guidelines only. If your dog is still a developing adult (many large breeds are considered developing until age 2-3) or above/below in activity level you will need to adjust.
What’s in it?
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Lamb Meal, Salmon Meal, Natural Flavors, Flaxseed, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Rolled Oats, Potassium Chloride, Egg Product, Tomato Pomace, Dried Pomegranate, Dried Blueberry, Dried Cranberry, Dried Pumpkin, Dried Spinach, Dried Carrot, Salt, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
How much does it cost?
What’s the bottom-line?
The ingredients in Nutro Ultra are good quality with meat, vegetable, fruit, and grains your dog is truly getting the entire pyramid in the food bowl; and with a guaranteed analysis of Crude Protein 25%, Crude Fat 13% and Crude Fiber 4% it is definitely one of the brands higher in protein.
Nutritional Information/Analysis and feeding guidelines: Nutro Company.
Photo Credit: Ryan R. Hughes
Read more posts like this one...
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Nutro Natural Choice
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Eukanuba Naturals
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Dad’s Trail Mix
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Blue Buffalo
- Get the SCOOP on dog food: Pro Plan by Purina