The Second Annual Pet Blogger Challenge.
The Second Annual Pet Blogger Challenge allows other pet bloggers to learn why we blog about animals, and how it’s working out.
Any pet blogger can participate. Just answer the questions on your own blog and join the link list below!
1. When did you begin your blog?
2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
- I have worked with animals for most of my life, between volunteering in animal shelters and becoming a dog groomer. There was a change in my life that prompted my exit from the animal profession and ever since I’ve been dying to get back in it. Blog Four Paws is my way of contributing back to the animal world and sharing the knowledge I have with other pet parents, and allows me to connect with them and other animal lovers.
3. Is your current purpose the same?
- Yes, my purpose remains the same. Educating, Connecting and Sharing with pet parents and animal lovers to improve the quality of life of pets.
If not, what’s different?
If so, how do you feel you’ve met your goals?
- I feel as though I am still pursuing my goals, I would love to connect with more pet parents and other pet bloggers to share and expand on the knowledge we currently have to make a difference in the pet community.
4. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
If the former, how often — and what techniques do you use to stick to it?
If the latter, do you worry about… well, whatever you might worry about (e.g. losing traffic, losing momentum)?
- Honestly, a little of both. I do not have a set schedule for writing, but I do stick to a certain time frame to get my writing done. I do not like to go more than 3 or 4 days without writing something, and usually I write when time allows me.
5. Are you generating income from your blog?
If so, how (e.g. sponsor ads, affiliate relationships, spokesperson opportunities)?
If not currently, do you hope to in the future — and how?
- I hope to generate an income from this blog in the future, by networking with different partners, advertising and writing opportunities.
6. What do you like most about blogging in general and your blog in particular (bragging is good!)?
- I enjoy blogging because I feel you can make a difference in the lives of others be sharing knowledge. What I like most about my blog in particular is even if one pet parent uses the information they have learned here, it’s worth everything I have put into the blog and more. Improving the quality of life for pets is something I have been striving to do my whole life.
7. What do you like least?
- You on’t always know if anyone is reading through the information you have provided, and you don’t know if your readers (if you have readers) are finding the things you have posted useful or informative.
8. How do you see your blog changing/growing in 2012?
- I see Blog Four Paws gaining more exposure this year between events, networking and guest writing opportunities I hope to expand my reach further into the pet world.
No related posts.