The tiny but terrible tick [Infographic]
Yesterday I posted the Dangers of Heartworm infographic, and mentioned it was one of three I found that helped put the data of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes into perspective.
The tiny but dangerous tick graphic shows the numerous diseases that your dog can contract from ticks, including:
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Tickborne relapsing fever
- Southern tick associated rash illness (STARI)
While preventatives are the best way to protect your dogs from ticks who bite, they don’t prevent ticks from getting on your dog. Make sure you always check your dog after they have spent time outdoors for ticks, you can also buy pet-safe products and sprays to help kill ticks in your yard.
Featured image courtesy: BotheredByBees
Infographic courtesy: VetDepot
Read more posts like this one...
- Danger of Heartworm Infection [Infographic]
- PSA for dogs in need of space (DINOS) [Infographic]
- The overpopulation problem [Infographic]